Monday, May 27, 2013

Personal Journey


                            "...I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way."-Carl Sandburg
I feel like this quote directly reflects my journey into life so far.  I may not be too far into my journey yet, but I know it is taking me somewhere.  I have no idea where I will end up in life.  I do not know my future job, house, wife, family, or even height.  But what I do know is I will get to a point in my life where I will have all of the things I mentioned.  Most of my conscious life so far has been school.  I have spent years preparing for the future without even thinking about what I will be doing five years from now.  I would like to consider myself well educated up to this point in my life.  I get good grades, A's and B's, and I participate in multiple sports and clubs.  I believe that these alone should get me far in life.  I know that my journey is going to be difficult because a journey is never easy.  I am ready for any roadblocks that I may encounter on my journey.  I wish I knew what my destiny is but I will never truly know what it is until I fulfill it.  Obstacles that I could encounter can come from anywhere at any time.  They could come in thirty years or they could come tomorrow.  I must always be ready to take on these obstacles and overcome them because my most important goal is to see my journey through to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment